Retail Therapy : CDP
Aug 27, 2003 at 3:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

shard

Head-Fier
In desperate need of retail therapy.

I am currently using a Sugden Bijou CDMaster paired with a Sugden Headmaster.

I have been thinking of buying another CDP, currently short listed players are the Jolida JD 100A and the Cairn Ezo Fog 2 (with upsampling). Any suggestions and comments on these players? Will it be an upgrade to the Sugden?

I have found tons of information on the Jolida in these forums but not alot of information on the Cairn Ezo Fog 2.

Thanks in advance

Aug 27, 2003 at 3:55 AM Post #2 of 11
you want retail therapy as in you want to stop upgrading?

man, oh man, have you come to the wrong place.
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 27, 2003 at 5:56 AM Post #4 of 11
smily_headphones1.gif
ah... my mistake. yeah, i'd love to help but i'm in desperate need of a real source myself. anyone else have any ideas?

Aug 27, 2003 at 7:38 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by shard
To me, Retail Therapy = Buying things to make myself feel good

I am in the right place for that I think:p

We like to help ppl to spend money. Tell me, how much you want to spend!!! I will TRY my best HELP you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 27, 2003 at 9:07 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

I have found tons of information on the Jolida in these forums but not alot of information on the Cairn Ezo Fog 2.

Sorry. This might be an useless post since i have not heard the Jolida.

But, Cairn Fog is one of the best performer at its price.
Relatively neutral sounding, has a good pace'n'bass and grain free top end. What else can you ask?
biggrin.gif

They really should rethink the name tho. Noone would buy a CD player named 'Fog'.
rolleyes.gif

Aug 28, 2003 at 3:46 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Uncledan
We like to help ppl to spend money. Tell me, how much you want to spend!!! I will TRY my best HELP you.
smily_headphones1.gif

I am hoping to spend about USD1 to 2K.

Aug 28, 2003 at 7:23 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

To me, Retail Therapy = Buying things to make myself feel good

I am in the right place for that I think:p

Hell yeah, come on down!!!! I would recommend getting a Sony XA-777ES and once your wallet begins to show signs of life again, you can send it off to Dan Wright at ModWright to have it modded into a real beast. My Pioneer 38a that Dan did cost me around 2K to buy, ship and mod and it's a better player than the Wadia 830 I have, for about half the money the Wadia sold for originally and just over what the Wadia sells for used.

Aug 28, 2003 at 11:41 AM Post #10 of 11
check out www.6moons.com the reveiwer owns the Cairn Fog and has reveiwed it and compared it to all the other CDP's he reveiws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back