Retail stores with great sound systems
Feb 8, 2004 at 7:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Music Fanatic

Headphoneus Supremus
Aside from the obvious example of audio stores, have you ever been to a store with a great audio system? For me the best audio system for a retail establishment is one that is subtle and does not force itself on you (because if you don't like the music it is pure torture.) But I don't have an expectation for great audio systems in stores. What is your experience?

Feb 8, 2004 at 7:58 PM Post #3 of 11
My first real hifi experience was actually from a local record store down in long beach was that using PSB alphas with an old marantz reciever for their in store music. I was quite impressed and asked about the speakers. They told me "PSB Alphas" and about 3 months later i picked up a pair.

I have since sold them. I still do miss them. I might be getting yet another pair for the compter sooner or later. For 100$ they arent bad.

Feb 8, 2004 at 8:25 PM Post #4 of 11
Yea, I went into a local mall and walk into a Kaufmann's. They were playing Nelly or something, and I couldn't believe how clean and clear everything and just how nice the bass was (Well, nice for being Nelly). So I looked up at the ceiling and what did I see, JBL in wall mounts and wall mounted bookshelfs. Best system I've ever seen a large store like that have.

Feb 9, 2004 at 12:52 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by eyeteeth
Time for me to take a Sabbatical.

Wow, I've heard that people get enlightened on those Sabbaticals...

That might be cool!

tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back