Resurrection of the Neuros (Or, Portable Sources Matter)
Nov 6, 2005 at 10:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

AdamWill

Headphoneus Supremus
A happy story today! I've not been terribly happy with my ER4s out of my PSP since I got 'em last week - sure, everyone says they're cold, thin and lack bass, but they seemed to be displaying these properties to such absurd extremes I didn't see why anyone, anywhere could ever love them. I got to thinking maybe the source just wasn't doing them justice, so I thought I'd see if my 'battery-dead' Neuros could stay alive long enough to play a song and give me a comparison. I'm glad I did, because a) they do indeed sound _much_ better out of the Neuros - still cold, thin and bass-shy, but not so much as to obscure their good qualities - and b) my Neuros appears to have undergone some kind of miraculous resurrection; previously it would start up (fully charged) and turn itself off again five seconds later, but it now holds its charge for at least a couple of albums. This is going to make the wait for the Neuros 3 _so_ much more bearable...now to start re-ripping stuff at higher .ogg quality levels.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2005 at 6:47 PM Post #3 of 3
Oh, yes, you're right. Somehow I always thought you had to ship it back to them for repair (that's always been the info on the forums). I'm not in the U.S. which is a problem (they still aren't set up for international ordering AFAIK), but I'm sure I can work around that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back