Restoring condition
Nov 19, 2006 at 4:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Brat_Boy

Head-Fier
Hey everyone. I got the inspiration to make my own case for my Zen Micro, since nothing on the internet fits my taste (poorly done, looks stupid, too expensive), but I wasn't sure how to do it. Then I came here and saw the altoids tin concept, which is incredible. So I finally got around to taking a shot at it (had my Micro for a year now). Excuse the quality, taken with my cell phone:

microcase.jpg

I'm not an audiophile like many here (I use some $15 Sony neckband headphones for portability and no amp), but I'd like a little help. My Micro has gathered a fair amount of scratches on its screen over the past year, and I'd like it to look the way it used to. In particular, there's one deep scratch on there that seems to glare at me every time I use the thing. Is there any good home remedy or commercial remover for this? Thanks in advance.

Also, does anyone know of a good way to keep the case shut? It opens too easily. I was thinking velcro or a snap button.

Nov 19, 2006 at 8:35 AM Post #2 of 3
Very Good!

I would use a rubber band. Then you could tuck the headphone cord under the band so it would not pull out from the player.

Is the Mini "Curiously Sounding" now.
icon10.gif

I HAVE NEVER USED EITHER PRODUCT: I have read that people have gotten good results with Brasso and with plastic polish (Novus).

Good Luck

Nov 20, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #3 of 3
I've used Novuslastic polish on my motorcycle windshields.There are 3 stages..start with the heaviest for the deep scratches and work up to the polish for a smooth finish

Users who are viewing this thread

Back