Restored Dell, new iTunes, how to save 500 songs on Ipod Touch?
Dec 9, 2008 at 10:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

DunninLA

100+ Head-Fier
Hey...

please feel free to PM me any suggestions, as I know this is a sensitive subject to the Apple brass due to illegal copying concerns....

I got my 13 yr. old a Dell Dimension 321 (I think) tower computer 18 months ago. I installed, but failed to properly instruct my her, to run superantispyware.com every couple of weeks, and lots of malware and spyware took over the computer over the past 6 months (she noticed things but didn't say anything about it until 2 nights ago). As most young teenagers, she is on the internet and downloading stuff constantly. It got to the point 2 nights ago where the malware disabled the superantispyware program, and I couldn't run it. It also blocked the superantispyware.com website so that I couldn't download another copy.

In the end she grabbed about 1000 photos onto a USB thumb drive, and I booted the computer pressing control-F11, and restored the computer to factory specs... wiping out her Itunes.

She connected her ipod with the 500+ songs, and the ipod didn't recognize the new (empty) iTunes. She elected a Manual syncing, and somehow all the songs uploaded to iTunes, but won't play.

Any suggestions?

It's enough to drive a person to Limewire... though in respect of artists I have taught her that stealing songs is no different from stealing a dollar out of an artist's pocket.

Dec 10, 2008 at 3:24 PM Post #5 of 7
did you enable disk use? there is a hidden folder, you can just drag the complete folder to another folder. filenames are randomized but tag info still works.

Dec 10, 2008 at 3:30 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by brianmch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ipod copy is your friend. or at least it worked the last time i used it but that was a couple of i-tunes upgrades ago. good luck.

btw, this is the latest version of ipodcopy now called touchcopy.

TouchCopy

Dec 10, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #7 of 7
Thanks all. the ipod copy didn't work, so she kept googling until she found a program that did work... for 100 songs. Then it asked for $19.99, which at that point I happily paid. Can't remember the name, but the logo on the Paypal invoice was an image of an ocean wave and the word WIND.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back