RESOURCE HOG
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2015 at 10:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Makiah S

Sponsor: EarMen | HeadAmp
Member of the Trade: Bricasti Design
Formerly known as Mshenay
So over the last two days I've noticed that any time I have Head Fi opened, my Ram increase A LOT, I can have like 6 tabs of head fi an I jump from using around 3.67gb of ram to... about 7.4 FROM 5 TABS, 

I've got a powerful machine an I've never had this  issue, an from time to time I get a Shockwave Crash error, I only have this issue with head fi

Seriously though, wth 

pics too in case ur curious 

even as I add these freaking pics with only 2 tabs open my ram is spiking from 36 to 61

Dec 9, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #2 of 4
Flash has been depreciated by Adobe, so expect sites (and advertisers) to stop using it within the next year.

Is a particular ad giving you trouble?

Dec 10, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #3 of 4
  Flash has been depreciated by Adobe, so expect sites (and advertisers) to stop using it within the next year.

Is a particular ad giving you trouble?

You know Curra I should have known it would be an Ad specific thing, thank you for that tip. I'll look into that know 

I'm doing a single page load at a time, an every page see increased Cpu usage, with a variety of different ads. I'm not seeing a single add that triggers it

an the longer I stay on the page the more resorces are used. It has gotten to where I cannot browse head fi, I've done anti virus scans, as well as optimized my browser an my OS, an the problems persists. So I can only assume it's something unique to the website or one of the adds even face book, with all the crap it loads, isn't using this many resorces 

Dec 10, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #4 of 4
I'm noticing any page with an animated add greatly increases the amount of memory in use, if I have multiple tabs opened with adds it gets out of hand very quickly 

thanks curra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back