Resource for Hi Fi Noobs
post-218750
Post #1 of 5

scottder

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
I was curious if there are any good resoruces for newbies to HiFi audio. Coming into this hobby can be daunting, understanding both the terminology (gain, what do I have to gain from $300 headphones?
), and more importantly how various components effect the overall sound of music and audio in general. Anyone who has any good links or books, I'd love to hear about them (I'll be compiling them on a web site ASAP). I think something like this will go a long way to help people new to this world.

Scott

post-218781
Post #2 of 5

kerelybonto

doo-di-doo-di-dum doo-di-dum doo-di-doo-di-dum
Reaction score
There really aren't too many websites that serve as a good introduction to hi-fi. I think audiophiles like being inaccessible.

But check out Stereophile's glossary of audio terms. Even its a bit cryptic for the uninititated, but it's till useful. Unfortunately a lot of people misuse a lot of terms, so it's still hard to figure out what people mean a lot of the time. ...

kerely

post-219076
Post #3 of 5

ServinginEcuador

Founder of the Head-Fi Pay-to-Post Program.
Reaction score
Since nothing else is truly interactive for asking questions and answers, ask LOTS of questions at places like here and HeadWize!!! It is a lot easier to have access to more qualified people who can answer questions as opposed to sorting thru all the stuff on your own!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)