ReShell CIEM - 2016
Jun 17, 2016 at 10:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

twylight

500+ Head-Fier
I did some google/forum searching and Im getting fairly old posts about reshelling - has anyone used a reshelling service for CIEM (normal old school CIEM like jhaudio 16, weston es5) in 2016 or late 2015?  Is Fisher (inearz?) still a good place to get this done?  This is for Continental US.

Thanks!

Jun 17, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #2 of 8
I have reshelled a universal fit IEM with InEarz. The technicians, in my personal judgment, were able to preserve the sound signature of the IEM I sent to be reshelled into custom fit.

I think it is important to get the ear impressions done right. This does not mean one will never encounter a situation whereby a refit is required, but properly done ear impressions will increase the likelihood of an outcome that is pleasing to you.

Jun 18, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #3 of 8
i used inearz towards the begining of 2016 for a triple fi10 resell. i couldn't have been happier. my molds cost 50 bucks. for the reshell and cables it cost me slightly less than $200. totally worth it. don't expect a huge difference in the sound. to be honest, they sounded exactly the same but with a MUCH better fit. i'm planning to reshell my westone w4r's and some shure e500's soon. once you go custom its kinda hard to go back to universal. i'm in los angeles and inearz is based in florida, it took about a month for delivery.

Jun 18, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #4 of 8
Perfect Seal. I paid $100 for my JH16 Pro PF to be reshelled to a universal shell and it took less than a week.

I'd get in touch with @MIke M here on the forums and see what he can do for you or contact Perfect Seal directly:

http://perfect-seal.com/

Jun 18, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #6 of 8
I have my Perfect Seal PS6 (used) with them for reshell right now. Quoted 5 to 7 days. Great to deal with so far. I will let you know how they turn out, should have them back soon.

Jun 27, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #7 of 8
Got my Perfect Seal PS6 (acrylic) reshell back within the time-frame estimated. Mind you this is my first CIEM. 

Fit - Couldn't ask for better. They are worthy of calling themselves "Perfect Seal" in my opinion. Tight but not too tight, I can get in and out of my ears quite easily - optimum seal every time and get more comfortable as I get used to them. This was my most important requirement, along with sound. They nailed it.

Finish - They look quite good. I expected them to be a bit glossier, but may just may be close what most companies produce. Can't find bubbling or imperfections like that. More than adequate for me (something like "very good" to "excellent".) Someone else with experience would be better to rate them relative to others. I am happy overall. 

Sound - Directly out of my iPhone 6s plus. This will vary depending on the brand you are getting reshelled, but they have excellent deep and detailed bass and midbass (best attribute) exceeding expecation, nice overall tonal balance and separation. I didn't know a balanced armature driver could provide so much bass impact and depth - not missing dynamic driver one bit. Wow. Tom impact kills. Snare drum impact kills too, to note. Not what I would call TOTL in overall soundstage or realism/separation, but between "very good" and "excellent" (to be determined over time.) They are pretty close in many respects to my ASG-1plus but a solid bass bump w/no EQ needed for me and a touch less "smooth" up top (which I like). Right around my preferred signature. Nice treble sparkle without sounding artificial or sharp. I will need more time with them as I acclimate to them, but no issues to note. I enjoy the overall sound and could see myself growing to like them even more as time goes on. I will reserve final rating for a bit down the road. 

Service - Excellent. I purchased another cable with in line mic that was a bit twisted up and they said they would take care of it, if I send it into them. Otherwise, no hiccups. 

Overall - Very satisfied. I have no regrets going with Perfect Seal. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back