Research Paper on Headphones: Good Idea? Help Please :)
Mar 2, 2011 at 1:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

HighSynergy

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

As you can tell, I am new to the head-fi community due to my join date and low post
count. I am also new in audio and headphones in general.

I am currently enrolled in a Pop Music class at my university and we have a research
paper due next Thursday. Our research paper is supposed to be connected to one of the
subjects discussed in class. In class, we had a rather lengthy discussion about the
influence musicians have on the mainstream public and fans in terms of products and
advertisements.

So, the topic of headphones was brought up. Dre Beats and the Miles Davis Tribute were
 talked about and people were baffled because most of them had never seen the Miles Davis'
before (and were shocked at the high price tag), and the class had kind of an argument whether it was "right" putting Miles' name
on a pair of headphones to sell, what demographic Monster was targeting etc.

I want to explore the headphone industry and the recent surge of Pop Musicians putting
their names on Headphones, such as Bieber, Lady Gaga, 50 cent and so forth, and what it
means to the headphone industry.

But, my question is, how do I go about this? I need 7 sources for this paper. I was
thinking about possibly doing some phone interviews with maybe a Rep from a company's ad
department. Maybe an interview with a blogger. Maybe a source with sales numbers for headphones.

Any other suggestions? Any direction you guys can point me too? You guys are the experts :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back