Resampling yes or no?
May 31, 2011 at 1:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

dadab12

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, I'm using a Saffire 24 DSP on J river media center with  Senn HD 800 and Auditor amp, my Dac supports up to 24/96KHZ, would you recommend to play music files with it's original sample rate or to use a resampling to 96KHZ on the J river? what would give me the best possible sound quality? your help is very much appreciated,
when I tried to resample it seems that it's slowing my computer quite quite abit..

May 31, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #2 of 3
The times I've heard music sampled up well it can smooth things out and improve the warmth of a track, but that's just my experience in the matter.

I would recommend you experiment, take a couple days with each configuration and take some notes. If something doesn't sound right, if you wish there was more of this and less of that, look back at your notes and see which configuration was best given those needs. Also, try not to over think it. I've noticed that the times I really notice the difference there's not so much a cognitive difference but more of an intuition sort of thing. I've listened to music and thought, "This sounds rather flat and lifeless..." played around with the settings a bit until I found a solution and stuck with it.

Jun 1, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #3 of 3
I wouldn't resample but set the output bit depth to 24 bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back