Requiem for a Dream Soundtrack
Mar 9, 2004 at 4:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

uosux

100+ Head-Fier
How do you feel about this album? The music is pretty interesting, thanks to the Kronos String Quartet or whoever performed it. The way they do the string intruments really adds to the mood of the movie. I find that listening to this music reminds me of the movie a lot, in a sad depressing way. If you've seen it you know what I mean. Its not for the light hearted.

Mar 9, 2004 at 4:53 AM Post #2 of 7
You're right about it tying in with the movie seamlessly. Can't listen to the soundtrack without getting chills.

Another example that I can think of that does this equally well is the Royal Tennenbaums soundtrack.

Mar 9, 2004 at 1:03 PM Post #3 of 7
I think it does indeed fit the movie like pair of worn in jeans. the mood is very powerfull.

but it is IMO very much a soundtrack and not an album. it's a bit too repetitive. not a fault in any way, it's probably actually more powerful because of that, but it also makes it less interesting to me.

Mar 9, 2004 at 7:08 PM Post #4 of 7
the pi soundtrack is also really awesome, though being a completely different genre and style.

i think it's awesome. i'll listen to it at any time just to hear the beach on coney island, and the breakdown beats they spin towards the beginning of the movie, when they start to dance, right after they shoot up.

Mar 9, 2004 at 11:45 PM Post #5 of 7
I have this album. I got it almost right after I watched the movie, which I found to be one of the most powerful movies I had ever seen.

Anyway, about the album, there are many good things about it, in particular the powerful harmonies that the Kronos Quartet plays. But, one aspect which had made this album boring for me was that most of the tracks were recycled from previous tunes, and that can get quite annoying. It fits the movie perfectly, though.

Mar 10, 2004 at 8:23 AM Post #6 of 7
Ulver - Svidd Neger (soundtrack) is somewhat similar to Requiem's soundtrack, but works a lot better as a sole music album. The movie itself is not that great, but the soundtrack is wonderful, though could you expect any less from Ulver? Svidd Neger is not as powerful or depressive as Requie, even though it is depressive as well, but the songs fit seamlessly together and there are a lot of strong melodies and atmosphere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back