Requiem For a Dream Soundtrack...
Nov 4, 2001 at 5:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

pineapples10

100+ Head-Fier
I just saw this movie....really well done and depressing...The end is like going throuhg a heart attack. The music is what really drives the whole movie. I just downloaded the soundtrack and its great...highly recomended...

Nov 5, 2001 at 7:45 PM Post #3 of 9
I somehow hated that movie... too much... of that type of movie, the pointless abstractions and stuff... I do not like... oh well, just me...

Nov 5, 2001 at 9:08 PM Post #4 of 9
judging by your icon and your signiture...one would think that you liked "pointless abstractions" ...

Nov 6, 2001 at 4:10 AM Post #5 of 9
Don't ever let me read you saying that fractals are pointless abstrations again! Take some science and math courses and you'll understand
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2001 at 4:30 AM Post #6 of 9
fractals rule!...my brother-in-law grew up with Darren Aronofsky (the guy who made Requiem....). He's very approachable and un-celebrity like. He said "I just wanted to make a movie that didn't bore everybody". It is a very decent sophomore effort and certainly better than anything Hollywood is putting out. Kronos is great and just right for that film. Are you familiar with his first film Pi? Another decent flick. Definitely runs the abstract route...

Nov 6, 2001 at 5:27 AM Post #7 of 9
Pi also has a cool techno soundtrack.

Anyway, Requiem for a Dream is certainly not for everyone due to its disturbing subject matter. Regardless, it has amazing acting, near-perfect editing, and a lot of creativity and emotion. A good movie to watch to ruin your day
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 11, 2001 at 1:46 AM Post #8 of 9
I love Requiem for a Dream and other depressing movies. Im going out and buying the CD right now. The music really pumped up the excitement at the last 15 minutes.

Also, another depressing movie I would recommend would be The War Zone directed by Tim Roth.

Hey guys I just remembered, I can play the main theme on my violin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back