Requesting In Ear Recommendations.
May 5, 2015 at 5:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DieForSurviving

Head-Fier
I Own:
The SMSL M8 DAC (on it's way, ordered recently)
A FiiO E12 AMP (not the E12a IEM optimized version)
The PRO700MK2 headphones from Audio Technica.
The DT990 250 Ohm version (seeking trade for the 600 Ohm Version)

As you can see I own two rather large headphones, both very nice for what they do. Now I seek In-Ears.

Best bang for buck is my top priority. Keeping the price down is no longer my second priority. However; If I need to go a little higher to get a considerably better In-Ear, that is fine.

I do generally like flat responses with slight warmth and sparkle. (hence my DT990s - not to mention it matches the ear's sensitivity graph. [http://www.silcom.com/~aludwig/images/Fletcher-Munson.jpg] Take graph with a grain of salt.)

Looks are not a concern as long as they're not flashy bright colors or resemble Noctua Fans.

I don't mind large In-ears, so bulky is fine.

-------------

I got a decent amount of knowledge around headphones but when you start talking earphones my knowledge is limited, then you start talkin earbuds... and then I'm lost.
confused_face_2.gif

So I'm seeking knowledge from The Grand Database of Aural Pleasure Making Devices that is 'Head-Fi'.

Sep 19, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #3 of 4
Have you consulted Joker's thread?

The only earphones that I've purchased and haven't sold are my pair of Etymotic ER4P (with S adapter). I think the best bang for the buck category stops around the $300 mark personally, but have been out of the earphone game for a while.

Sep 19, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #4 of 4
oh when i searched, i did not use "IEMs" so, i did not see this thread. I will look at it. though i'd still like people to give their personal recommendations. I prefer to get opinions of the many, seeing as not everyone has the same tastes. And im willing to spend quite a bit, My only must is high value for price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back