Requesting IEM recommendations $150USD limit
Jul 8, 2018 at 1:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Pxncture

New Head-Fier
I am in the market for some new iems to spice up my daily listening experience.

I listen to mainly rap from Run the Jewels, Joey BadA$$, Most of Strange Music's catalog, Kendrick Lamar solo stuff, Old Logic, Rock from Seether, God is An Astronaut, Rush, Rammstein, Offspring, Electric Light Orchestra, David Bowie, EDM from Deadmau5, Daft Punk, Pendulum, Infected Mushroom, JPop/rock from Ayumi Hamasaki, Aimer, Utada Hikaru, M.o.v.e, Maximum the Hormone, Supercell, Vocaloids and sountracks from JRPGs

I have been on a serious vocal future bass kick lately though.

I own the following equipment

LG V20 with Ainur Sauron audio mod
SMSL M8
Schiit Magni 3
XDuoo X3
Hidiz Ap60
Topping Nx1a
OG Veclan Monk
Yincrow X6
Etymotic HF5
Musicmaker TK13
Final Audio Design Heaven III
Tennmak Crazy Cello
B&O H3 - came with phone
Monoprice M300
V Moda M80
Mitchell and Johnson GL2SE

I am currently looking at the following IEMs for purchase

Intime Kira
Semkarch CNT-1
Hisenior B5+5
Toneking Ninetail
Toneking TK2

I am open to other suggestions though

I am looking for an IEM with magical mids but still coherency across the rest of the frequency spectrum

This will be my last HiFi purchase for a great while so I would like to get it right. I live in the middle of nowhere so auditions are impossible.

I graciously await your recommendations.

Jul 9, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #3 of 6
Thank you for your recommendation, the reviews here for the iBasso IT01 are conflicting. Some say it has good mids while others say it has recessed mids. The bulk of my listening lately has been vocal future bass tracks with female vocals. If the mids are indeed recessed, that would take away from the listening pleasure.

Jul 9, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #4 of 6
Thank you for your recommendation, the reviews here for the iBasso IT01 are conflicting. Some say it has good mids while others say it has recessed mids. The bulk of my listening lately has been vocal future bass tracks with female vocals. If the mids are indeed recessed, that would take away from the listening pleasure.
I would say those reviews are accurate. Some people find the mids recessed while others do not. I am in the do not category. One other IEM you might consider is the RHA MA750. Its mids are not recessed, IMO. Very nice for vocals IMO + a 3-year warranty. Might be worth a look.

Jul 12, 2018 at 11:57 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks for the recommendation, based on the reviews I've found I am focusing on either the Intime Kira (piezo driver tuned for vocals) or the Toneking Nine Tail (dymamic driver tuneable with filters to match my desired settings) Penon has the ninetail for $125 and eBay has the Kira for 140+shipping. Which of the two am I more likely never gonna find again when I have money?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back