Requested Review: ATH-A1000 vs ATH-A900
Apr 2, 2003 at 6:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

pikawel

500+ Head-Fier
I remember reading one thread concerning this topic and I think the A1000's were VERY VERY similar to the A900's. I don't know who the poster or thread was and I'm looking for information like that now.

For anyone that has these two phones or access to 'em, can I bribe you for a comparison? A basic comparison is more than fine!! I'm looking for anything!

I owned the ATH-A1000's but sold them due to that pivot crack that plagues many of them... I can't have anything like that with a pair of phones as I use them for work. While that might fly in an at-home phone, I do a lot of moving around at work and babying headphones isn't going to be anything I'm looking to do right about now.

ATH-A100ti vs ATH-A900 vs ATH-A1000 would be the greatest thing in the world... oh wait

ATH-A100ti vs ATH-A900 vs ATH-A1000 vs ATH-A9X would be the absolute greatest thing in the world.

Apr 2, 2003 at 8:31 AM Post #2 of 5
i believe bangraman is the only one to have owned both the a1000 & the a900, but he sold off his a900 so i don't think a review is going to happen.

Apr 2, 2003 at 8:39 AM Post #3 of 5
It is actually...
evil_smiley.gif
I will have that familiar blue phone back in a few days. I'd been meaning to sell it back on to a friend but he's claiming he has Depleted Wallet syndrome... So it will probably rejoin my A-T museum, which will then consist of the A900, 1000, W1000, W2002. I think we have entered the joelongwood zone.

The two phones are different... Unfortunately the amp I had at the time didn't show off the differences enough (thats's my excuse at least, nothing to do with cloth ears at all, oh no
biggrin.gif
). Now with a vastly improved amp I can do both phones more justice.
The A900 sounds flatter or more recessed depending on your personal preferences, simply put more docile. The A1000 has more energy and resolution but sounds more closed. That's the difference in a nutshell.

Apr 2, 2003 at 8:57 AM Post #4 of 5
I know a friend you could sell 'em on to... his name is: Me!

When you get it back, I'd love to read an updated comparison. I need to swear to myself that I'll review / compare headphones before selling them off...

Now I understand that signature that I saw around here a while back: "Never sell a headphone for another headphone!" I'm just a headphone whore, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back