Request: I want shorter cable option!
Aug 21, 2008 at 3:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Vulpix

100+ Head-Fier
I'm sure a few of us here would like shorter cables because of the headphone adapters that are required by certain phones, and those already add a bit of length to the wire. Since the cables are changable anyway, why not release a shorter one for those of us that intend to use it with our phones?

Aug 24, 2008 at 7:12 AM Post #2 of 7
I know this isn't all that fun of an option, but is it possible to cut them and re-solder them together at a shorter distance? I may just be spouting crap, but if that's possible....

Aug 24, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #3 of 7
It's possible but the effort... I'm too lazy to do it, plus it won't look nice.

Aug 24, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's possible but the effort... I'm too lazy to do it, plus it won't look nice.

Depending on how you do it, if you use a Neutrik right angle, black with gold plated contacts and cover it with heatshrink, it will be better than the original one and will look nice, very nice...A newcable will go for around $30.00, and a Neutrik plug cost less than $5.00...Aslo why you need it shorter, honestly I would like mine even longer, if you grab your portable on the hand to walk around, unless a midget, the stock lengh is just perfect...if you are going ot put the portable in your shirt pocket, then roll the cable and put there as well...

Aug 25, 2008 at 1:29 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Depending on how you do it, if you use a Neutrik right angle, black with gold plated contacts and cover it with heatshrink, it will be better than the original one and will look nice, very nice...A newcable will go for around $30.00, and a Neutrik plug cost less than $5.00...Aslo why you need it shorter, honestly I would like mine even longer, if you grab your portable on the hand to walk around, unless a midget, the stock lengh is just perfect...if you are going ot put the portable in your shirt pocket, then roll the cable and put there as well...

I'm talking about attaching to those 3.5mm adapters for phones with a way to answer calls...

Aug 25, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm talking about attaching to those 3.5mm adapters for phones with a way to answer calls...

Well that is another thing, those plugs has more contacts, IIRC there is an adapter by Shure that could be attached to the standard cable...

Aug 25, 2008 at 6:32 AM Post #7 of 7
from the sound of things he's already seen those - he just doesn't like how exorbitantly long the cord gets with the added cord from the adapter...

I'm really stilll on the DIY approach, I think that if given enough time you can add in that adapter to a cord and still make it look good - simply the time factor...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back