Request for very particular jogging headphones
Jan 7, 2009 at 8:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

firmat

New Head-Fier
I'm having a hard time ( = 2+ hours searching online) finding something matching the following:

1) Foam inserts (like the $15 Koss earbuds)
2) Not noise canceling
3) Stays in your ears. (Either behind the ear or neck would be nice)
4) Better sound quality than the $15 Koss earbuds.

Any suggestions?

Jan 7, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #3 of 11
My Shure E2C's used to work great for that...Also my Shure 310s.

They both use foams, but you cannot hear ANYTHING especially when you're running and there is music on. If you're between songs or a quiet part of the song, you can hear yourself breathing and your hard footsteps.

So, what I did, I stopped using music to run. The experience of running became EVEN better.

Damn, I need to get back out there.

Jan 7, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #4 of 11
Yuin PK3, except for the fit. I was working on fitting the pk3 driver into the Sennheiser MX 85 Sport II housing (which sound terrible but fit great). It will fit and should work, but I managed to screw up one of the pk3 drivers, so I can't comment on sound quality.

Jan 7, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #5 of 11
Are the Koss ear that you mention, the Plug?

PLUG_1.jpg

Are you sure you need isolation when running? Besides maybe not hearing a car coming from behind you, you also get the thump from bone conduction.

If you do want some isolation and you can spend $110, the UM1 are good.

Jan 8, 2009 at 12:34 PM Post #7 of 11
An open canal phone like the JBL 220 Reference might fit the bill. They're in ears that have an open back. The foam tips that come with them are worthless, but Comply T-400 tips fit.

Jan 8, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #8 of 11
One from Yuin series. Depends whether to want to carry an amp or not.

Jan 8, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #9 of 11
How about the PK2 with this Whoomp attachment from Comply? You would get the benefit of foam inserts without so much of the sound isolation. I tried out the attachment briefly and it seemed to work OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back