Request for a rechargeable mini-speaker comparison
Mar 2, 2012 at 6:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Mishalex

Head-Fier
As I'm sure you're all aware, this past year saw the birth of a lot of new rechargable portable mini-speaker products.  From the X-mini II capsule speaker to the Spider E500 pocket speaker, the Typhoon Audio T8 Vibration Loudspeaker, the iHome iHM79, or even the "as seen on tv" Music Bullet speaker.  While I have seen several reviews for individual examples of this relatively new kind of speaker, I haven't really seen too many back-to-back comparative analyses.

While there are several similiarly priced (though much less portable) plug-in computer speakers that easily outperform these, the rechargable mini-speaker really can't be beat as far as overall portability for use with digital music playing devices.  As such, I would love to see someone do a side-by-side comparison of any of the products I have listed above.  Ideally, a ranking from "best overall" to "worst overall" in terms of sound quality, price, user interface, and battery life.  I don't expect that anyone currently owns all of these products, but if anyone owns two or three and can compare them to one another, I would be very interested.  I am particularly curious about how the Spider E500 stacks up against the X-mini II, as these are the two products of this class of devices that (thus far) seem to be getting the best reviews (as far as I can tell).

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Mar 3, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #2 of 4
I have the Xmini II, and I'm very impressed with sound quality and volume level, and battery life. I've been considering getting the Xmini capsule because of the dual speaker design, or pairing up my Xmini II with a second one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the suggestions, cableguy.  I own the Spider pocket speaker, but quite honestly, I'm not as impressed with it as others seem to be.  I'll look into the Xmini capsule.

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #4 of 4
OP: I'm biased towards the X-Mini because it comes from my country...=P
While I can't compare the products, I can let you know that the matte finish on the X-Minis is prone to damage if you leave it in the sun (or any warm place, e.g. glove compartment) for too long. It gets all sticky.

Quote:
I have the Xmini II, and I'm very impressed with sound quality and volume level, and battery life. I've been considering getting the Xmini capsule because of the dual speaker design, or pairing up my Xmini II with a second one.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pairing 2 X-Minis will still be mono sound, mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back