Request for a rechargeable mini-speaker comparison
Mar 2, 2012 at 6:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Mishalex

Head-Fier
As I'm sure you're all aware, this past year saw the birth of a lot of new rechargable portable mini-speaker products.  From the X-mini II capsule speaker to the Spider E500 pocket speaker, the Typhoon Audio T8 Vibration Loudspeaker, the iHome iHM79, or even the "as seen on tv" Music Bullet speaker.  While I have seen several reviews for individual examples of this relatively new kind of speaker, I haven't really seen too many back-to-back comparative analyses.

While there are several similiarly priced (though much less portable) plug-in computer speakers that easily outperform these, the rechargable mini-speaker really can't be beat as far as overall portability for use with digital music playing devices.  As such, I would love to see someone do a side-by-side comparison of any of the products I have listed above.  Ideally, a ranking from "best overall" to "worst overall" in terms of sound quality, price, user interface, and battery life would be great.  I don't expect that anyone currently owns all of these products, but if anyone owns two or three and can compare them to one another, I would be very interested.  I am particularly curious about how the Spider E500 stacks up against the X-mini II, as these are the two products of this class of devices that (thus far) seem to be getting the best reviews (as far as I can tell).

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

*Note: Thread copied and moved to the "Portable Source Gear" discussion section; please post all replies there.*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back