Reputable, consistent quality Chi Fi IEM brands?
Feb 16, 2021 at 2:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

fuzzybabybunny

Head-Fier
I understand that there are a number of Chi-Fi brands that seem to have pretty inconsistent quality control. One set might sound great and another might not.

Can I get a list of some tried and true Chi Fi brands to focus on?

Oh, and a list of brands to *avoid* would be really helpful too, maybe even moreso. I remember BGGAR doing a rant on brands with QC problems but I can't seem to find it.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #2 of 18
Haven't read anything negative about Tanchjim regarding quality control, and speaking from personal experience the Oxygen is built like a tank... But I think they only have 3 or 4 models available, so nothing like, say, Linsoul.

Feb 16, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #3 of 18
ThieAudio and TinHifi are worth checking out. Linsoul seems to be the parent company for many of the Chinese Audio Manufacturers. The build quality of the models I have in my signature are of excellent quality.

Feb 16, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #4 of 18
ThieAudio and TinHifi are worth checking out. Linsoul seems to be the parent company for many of the Chinese Audio Manufacturers. The build quality of the models I have in my signature are of excellent quality.

I've seen many reports of quality control issues with the Legacy series - at least one person here regularly suggests buying the Legacy 3 and 4 custom to reduce chances of quality control issues.

Feb 16, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #5 of 18
I don't think I've seen any complaints about Moondrop and iBasso. KBEAR/Tri seem to be fine, too.

Feb 16, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #6 of 18
I've seen many reports of quality control issues with the Legacy series - at least one person here regularly suggests buying the Legacy 3 and 4 custom to reduce chances of quality control issues.
I have the UIEM and no issues at all. I have seen 2 instances of qc issues reported. I haven't experienced them myself. I also don't know how those individuals handle their gear. The material ThieAudio used are as comfortable as shure and Westone IEMs. Sometimes I forget I'm wearing them.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2021 at 4:58 AM Post #9 of 18
FiiO had some quality issues in the FH3. The dynamic driver was dying on people. But I don't remember anything similar being said about any other of their products.
I haven't heard anything about any problems with Dunu products.

Feb 17, 2021 at 7:05 PM Post #11 of 18
Mine failed on the very next day after I got it, but I was also experiencing driver flex with it.
Hopefully yours will be from a newer batch that may not have this issue.

Feb 18, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #13 of 18
Haven't read anything negative about Tanchjim regarding quality control, and speaking from personal experience the Oxygen is built like a tank... But I think they only have 3 or 4 models available, so nothing like, say, Linsoul.
I thought Linsoul was purely a distributor? I guess down the pipeline, it seems all these ChiFi companies are all under one roof...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back