*REPOST* Class suggestions?
Mar 20, 2006 at 8:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Sladeophile

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys,
Since that cheese wanker screwed up my original post, I want to repost my request. I just need suggestions of articles about new audio or av technologies or developments that I can write a small summary of for my audio class. Anything that seems interesting, I'm not picky. Thanks!
Slade

Mar 20, 2006 at 8:37 PM Post #2 of 3
I'm going to reiterate.... digital amplification and room correction. IMO, room correction is the more interesting topic, but most people have had no exposure to it. TACT has a site that can give you quite a bit of info.

Mar 20, 2006 at 8:39 PM Post #3 of 3
I knew that was going to get deleted, so in case you didn't get my PM... here it is

Definitely digital amplification. I was at my buddies apartment a few weeks ago and he had some digital monoblock amps. I thought I was pretty up on the different types of amplification, but the digital amps went completely under my radar. I think that would be a really interesting topic, if you make a presentation on it and feel like sharing some of your findings with us that would be cool.

There also was a post here in the member's forum a few days ago about bleeding edge technology computer monitors like in 'Minority Report' here

Since you can do A and V, you could also talk about the new HD-DVD format and how it will be available in the next few months. This would be pretty interesting and relavent to your classmates. Check out the info here.

In this month's (April issue) Home Theater magazine, I was reading an article on pg 32 titled "Sharp's Two-Way Viewing-Angle LCD". Essentially, the short version it that's it's capable of showing two different images simultaneously (i.e. I could be sitting on the couch to the right watching "24" and you could be on the couch to the left watching "The Apprentice". Pretty cool, huh? This would be an awesome piece for your presentation.

Good luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back