Reply to some bugs of X3’s new firmware and new function suggestions from our end-users!
Dec 8, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #91 of 190
  I'm having the 64gb MicroSD card problem others have said about. loaded it up with a load of music, then it disappeared... wont recognize after a certain amount of memory used (around 11-14gb)

Using a samsung SDXC class 10 64GB card. Shame as that's holding it back from being truly excellent

Hello, would you pls try to format it once again, but DO REMEMBER to choose the 322768(32GB) instead of the 65536(64GB).
If your computer is under Windows System, you are suggested to download the formatting tools(either smdk_fat32 or Guiformat EN would be ok) on our website: http://fiio.net/support/download.aspx.
Kind reminder: do not forget to backup your files before formatting!

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 10, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #93 of 190
  I've been getting random freezes that I haven't been able to pin point the source of.  The best I can guess is that the X3 does not like it when I press a button around the same time a track is ending/a new track is beginning.  The X3 freezes and becomes unresponsive for several minutes.  After a bit, the screen goes black (maybe due to my pressing/holding the power button repeatedly), and then the screen stays black for a long time until eventually I can power it back up again.  I will try to investigate further.  This is on firmware 2.1.

I am in the middle of a pretty bad freeze.  I'm not sure what's going on, but connecting it to my PC via USB didn't help.  When I did that, I got back to the screen I was on when the X3 froze, but  the device was still unresponsive when using controls.  I did not the see "connected to computer" screen or whatever it says.  However, I was able to access both the internal memory and SDXC card just fine from my computer and make edits (ie, renaming a folder).  Eventually the screen went black again.  I suspect this is just the screen turning off independent of the full machine shutting down.  After ejecting successfully, I'm back to where I was before connecting to the PC.  That is, the screen is black and pressing buttons does not do anything. 

I don't know what to do next.  

EDIT: Ahh it just came back.  Phew..

To give more details after more use time with my X3

This problem keeps happening, I'm not 100% sure of the cause, but as pennylane pointed out, this seems to be related of X3 button, interface use while a track is ending or beginning. In most cases, my X3 screen and buttons become non-responsive but the music keeps playing. Of course after a few second the screen goes black and it can't be recovered since buttons are non-responsive. I don't have to reset my player. I just keep the power button pressed and the X3 goes off.
Then I turn it on again and everything is fine. 
This has happened with FLAC files, mp3 files, and a mix of both.
The frequency of this issues to occur increases by 100% if the gapless playback is enabled.

EDIT: Also, not 100% sure but I think if the file (mp3 or flac) does NOT has a cover image then the issue doesn't occur. 

If anyone has anything to add please share

Hope this shred some light on this very annoying issue

Dec 11, 2013 at 3:39 AM Post #94 of 190
Tried formatting through the X3 then loading it with music. Same problem occurred with half of it disappearing.

I give up, I'll stick with the 32gb memory card and get a different 64gb one.

Dec 11, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #95 of 190
Dec 11, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #96 of 190
James,

Here's an issue I've found with my X3, but it's not a major one so it should be easy to fix... (I assume)

I have an issue when I play my entire playlist while using the shuffle feature. It's difficult to explain...so I'll try to spell it out as I see it.

Song Playing: Feed Me - Ophelia. -> Skip Forward
Song Playing: Lindsey Stirling - Moon Trance -> Skip Back
Song Playing: Feed Me - Ophelia -> Skip Forward
Song Playing: The M Machine - Luma -> Skip Back
Song Playing: Lindsey Stirling - Moon Trance -> Skip Back
Song Playing: Feed Me - Ophelia.

Not sure if this was the original design but I would think it should skip forward to the same song if you just went back.

Dec 11, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #97 of 190
Can't wait for the memory card problem to be fixed. Glad they found the source of the problem

Dec 11, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #98 of 190

To give more details after more use time with my X3

This problem keeps happening, I'm not 100% sure of the cause, but as pennylane pointed out, this seems to be related of X3 button, interface use while a track is ending or beginning. In most cases, my X3 screen and buttons become non-responsive but the music keeps playing. Of course after a few second the screen goes black and it can't be recovered since buttons are non-responsive. I don't have to reset my player. I just keep the power button pressed and the X3 goes off.
Then I turn it on again and everything is fine. 
This has happened with FLAC files, mp3 files, and a mix of both.
The frequency of this issues to occur increases by 100% if the gapless playback is enabled.

EDIT: Also, not 100% sure but I think if the file (mp3 or flac) does NOT has a cover image then the issue doesn't occur. 

If anyone has anything to add please share

Hope this shred some light on this very annoying issue

I'm having similar problems as this occasionally.  Except that my X3 freezes when a song ends even when I don't press any buttons.  Today this happened again several times, and I turned it off, the turning off screen took a long time to turn off.  After it turned off I tried to turn it on again but nothing happened.  I had to reset it to get it working again.  When I turned on it played a different song from what I was playing before it froze, but after that song ended it came back to the album that was playing before freezing.

Also, this album that's causing trouble is all .m4a files, don't know if that has anything to do with the cause of the problem.

EDIT: basically every song on this album stops after finishing, I have to use skip to move to the next song.  Problem with shutting off and turning back on is reoccurring with this album.

Dec 24, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #99 of 190
Dear forum and fiio, i just joined the forum, so hallo everyone. I just bought an X3 and started browsing to understand some things about it. It was equipped with 1.2 firmware. I updated it directly to 2.1. Is this safe? Or do i need to update it gradually, passing through every release?

Dec 24, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #100 of 190
  Dear forum and fiio, i just joined the forum, so hallo everyone. I just bought an X3 and started browsing to understand some things about it. It was equipped with 1.2 firmware. I updated it directly to 2.1. Is this safe? Or do i need to update it gradually, passing through every release?

Updating to the latest in one go, as you did, is the best way. You can safely ignore all the intermediate versions.

Dec 24, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #102 of 190
  Have had the X3 three weeks_____today trying to add FLACS to the library,
the X3 refused to play them. I did `reset' and still no play.
Tried Mp3's__no play, even WAV's no luck, have done the reset several times,
old FLACS will play, but nothing new?
Sitting here sober___but maybe soon start heavy drinking?
Have read the PDF, tried googling but cannot find any help.

Any and all help appreciated!!

Curse these x3's, they drive us to drink!
beerchug.gif

But seriously, are the songs you''re trying to add showing up on the X3, but won't play, or do they not show up at all? If they don't show up at all, be sure to update the library under System Settings!

Dec 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #103 of 190
  Have had the X3 three weeks_____today trying to add FLACS to the library,
the X3 refused to play them. I did `reset' and still no play.
Tried Mp3's__no play, even WAV's no luck, have done the reset several times,
old FLACS will play, but nothing new?
Sitting here sober___but maybe soon start heavy drinking?
Have read the PDF, tried googling but cannot find any help.

Any and all help appreciated!!

Have you tried deleting the media library/database and re-building? That solves a lot of issues... especially when a hardware reset won't.

http://fiio.com.cn/support/detail.aspx?ID=100000037065714

Dale

Dec 26, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #104 of 190
Hi,

I'm having this annoying issue with my X3.. bought it a couple weeks ago.. so i've bought Sandisk Ultra 64gb microSD card to expand the storage.. but after i transferred my music collection into it, and tried to update library, the X3 just went on and on updating until it somehow dies/hang that i need to push the reset button to make it restart. tried a few times, same thing happened.. so i make a wild guess that the X3 can't handle too much files to update at once, so i tried to do batch transfer of 5-7gb of music files at times, and update library after each transfer.. a few batches was successful.. then somehow it failed again, that time i have around 40gb+ in the micorSD.. my wild guess now is, the X3 can't handle a 64gb memory card?? hope someone from Fiio can help to clarify this issue.

Thank you in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back