Reply to some bugs of X3’s new firmware and new function suggestions from our end-users!
Dec 2, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #76 of 190
If you want the X3 to be recognized as a storage device (such as recognizing the SD card in the X3) you should have the X3's USB Mode be "Storage" not "DAC"
redface.gif
Make this menu setting change on the X3 before connecting it to the computer and the X3 will be recognized
smily_headphones1.gif

DAC mode is for using the X3 as a USB DAC, if you're using windows you need to install the DAC driver for windows before you can use that function.
smily_headphones1.gif

I tried again using a different USB to micro USB cable (stock cable for my Galaxy S4) and it's working perfectly now.  Thanks!

Dec 4, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #77 of 190
I'm having similar issues as pennylane and recephasan have posted on page 5.

I will elaborate more on this later, I'm just glad is not a defective unit I got

Dec 5, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #79 of 190
I'm having the 64gb MicroSD card problem others have said about. loaded it up with a load of music, then it disappeared... wont recognize after a certain amount of memory used (around 11-14gb)

Using a samsung SDXC class 10 64GB card. Shame as that's holding it back from being truly excellent

Dec 5, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #80 of 190
I'm having the 64gb MicroSD card problem others have said about. loaded it up with a load of music, then it disappeared... wont recognize after a certain amount of memory used (around 11-14gb)

Using a samsung SDXC class 10 64GB card. Shame as that's holding it back from being truly excellent

Did you format the 64GB card using the built-in format utility in the X3? Card formatting was a likely culprit early on but every card I've formatted with the built-in utility has worked flawlessly. That said, I only use brand name cards that I trust - for me the only 'bargain basement' brand worth their salt is Patriot Memory.

Dale

Dec 6, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #81 of 190
Tried everything including formatting it internally.

Dec 7, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #82 of 190
  I have found two new bugs.

1) Capital accented letters are shown without the accents, Ř, Á are shown as R, A in directories and also tags

2) Accented letters in cue sheets are shown as chinese/japanese/korean

Hi,
I had this problem too (Czech translation http://www.head-fi.org/t/693961/x3-czech-translation) - replacing font in FW by custom firmware tools solved that (I used font from my Windows 8 installation - c:\windows\fonts\arialuni.ttf, which should have full unicode support, so it didn't break even the Chinese and Korean strings)

Dec 7, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #86 of 190
I'd try, but I don't have any CUE sheet, I have mostly separate FLAC files - if you'd like to send me a file to test...
Most of my ID3 tags work, usually after re-writing them using MP3Tag in UTF-16 - all the player runs in UTF-16 so it should display strings in that encoding correctly.

Dec 7, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #88 of 190
OK, the CUE isn't solved - the firmware contains some encodings to unicode mappings and I assume that X3 FW connects the UI language to a transformation table. If we could identify what encoding it uses to read the CUE, we could replace that encoding table by the 8859-2 one (that would break e.g. french characters, but it would fix our language).
It would be nice if FiiO could add a complete language option - even having one "CUSTOM LANG" option in language selection to be able to provide set of translated strings in firmware and set that languages default encoding would be nice - then we could use the 8859-2 encoding. Of course cp1250 would be also very useful for czech users, but transforming 8859-2 table into cp1250 one wouldn't be difficult.
For now the easiest workaround is to strip the diacritics away :frowning2:

Dec 8, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #89 of 190
I admit, I don't fully understand what you wrote (transformation tables etc), but I think that support of UTF8 cue sheets would be the best option, because that is the encoding in which they are generated by EAC, Foobar ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back