Replacing X3 for DX50, is it worth it?
Jan 29, 2014 at 5:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Caival

New Head-Fier
I am about an inch away from ordering the DX50 but I am not sure if it's a good idea or and i was wondering if you guys could help me?:)

What i miss when listening to the x3 is the possibility to manipulate certain frequencies (EQ that's more than just bass n treble adjustment).
I want a bigger soundstage than what the X3 offers, which, from what I've read the dx50 should be able to offer. What I'm nervous about tho is that the DX50 might not be able
to produce the amount of bass (especially want some sub bass) that I would like and I've heard the EQ on it is not so good, is this true? I also read that the DX50 would be very "forward"
in the mid-section, now I'm a guy who likes his music with abit more bass and treble and less mids, would you be able to manage this with the dx50 eq function?

The FiiO really brings out the voice as the center of attention while for example the drums seem to take a step back, will the Ibasso do the same or is it different?
(cause i kinda like loud instruments)

Last question: I own a set of Momentums (Over-ears) would they be a good match with the Ibasso? 

So do you guys think i should replace my FiiO for DX50? Based on what I've written, which one do you think would suit me better?

Answers will be REALLY appreciated

//Caival

Jan 29, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #2 of 3
Jan 29, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #3 of 3
  Hi,

I don't own the iBasso DX50, but my suggestion if  you could wait for 1month or 2, would be to test in a store or at a meet the Fiio X5, it has 10 band EQ show on pic taken from their site:
http://fiio.com.cn/UploadFiles/main/Images/2014/1/20140118163244.png

http://www.fiio.com.cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000055517771

Yeah I know I've looked in to the X5 but people have stated that the soundstage is not that big which is something i really don't like to much:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back