Replacing UE SuperFi 5pros
Apr 16, 2010 at 5:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

wirbeltier

100+ Head-Fier
Dear all

Due to constant cable issues with my SF5pros I am thinking of replacing/upgrading them.

Sonically they may not be the last word in resolution but they deliver tons of fun and I thoroughly enjoyed them.

Which IEMs would be an upgrade without losing that fun of the 5pros?

Thanks for your opinion!

Klaus

Apr 16, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #2 of 6
I was recently in the same situation for the exact same reason. I considered upgrading but ultimately ended up with making my superfi 5 remolded. That was the cheapest option. Beside, I got a cowon s9 which enabled me to fine tune the sound (had a zune before...no EQ). All things together, I'm pretty satisfied with what I'm hearing. Sure it can't compete with my full size rig but it's perfect for a portable rig.
If I had to highlight a weakness, it would be the voice reproduction.
If I had to upgrade, I would go with the earsonics SM3.

Apr 16, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #3 of 6
UE TF10Pro is definitaly upgrade over SF5Pro with same sound signature but more details in mids, highs and little more bass with wider soundstage. Sennheiser IE7, IE8 willbe upgrade too if you like sennheiser signature warm sound and huge soundstage. JVC FX700 are new fun sounding IEMs with really wide soundstage, deep, reverbing, punchy bass and detailed mids with clean extended highs. I think all willbe upgrade over UE 5Pro if you decide which soundsignature you preffer most. BTW SM3 willbe significant upgrade if you choose highest details and fun together over fun sounding IEMs with great details(others are more detailed too than SF5Pro).

Apr 16, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #5 of 6
Copper are very detailed IEMs with great bass extention and wide soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back