Replacing the driver in the ebay (fake) ath-ec7
Apr 28, 2006 at 11:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

technetium

100+ Head-Fier
Well I bought a couple of these fake ec7. And last night I found out how easy it is to get the driver out, and then I started wondering.
Would it be possible to replace those cheap drivers in the fake, with some drivers from let’s say a mx550 or mx500?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Does anyone know the size of the driver in the sennheiser mx series, or the akg k14p or even perhaps the sony e888?

Thanx

BTW what is it with those new sennheiser series - street, sport, style. Are they just rebranded mx´s
http://www.style-your-sound.com/

Apr 29, 2006 at 1:25 PM Post #3 of 10
I thought that the main reason people get those, is becasue the sounded good, otherwise what's the use???
confused.gif

Apr 29, 2006 at 3:11 PM Post #5 of 10
well they look a lot cool´er and they have a better fit on/in the ear.

And since I live in EU - Denmark, the sennheisers er cheap while the real ec7 are quite expensive. They are even more expensive than my B&O a8, and they cost aprox. 180 USD here where I live, and I live more or less 100 km from the factory in Stuer.

Apr 29, 2006 at 5:45 PM Post #6 of 10
IIRC some state here, that the "fake" ATs, are exactly the same ATs, just that those slip away from the production line, and took a different way and market to get to eBay....
rolleyes.gif

Apr 29, 2006 at 6:32 PM Post #7 of 10
The ones I have gotten are are not the real ones! I have had a look at the drivers and they do not resemble the real ones. Furthermore the cordes are not does that comes with the real ones.

Is there really no one that has the size of the drivers on the sennheiser mx series in mm.

Apr 29, 2006 at 6:36 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
IIRC some state here, that the "fake" ATs, are exactly the same ATs, just that those slip away from the production line, and took a different way and market to get to eBay....
rolleyes.gif

Or you could take a look at the thread where he already had this discussion.
rolleyes.gif

They are NOT the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back