Replacing the 7506 cable.
Jan 6, 2003 at 4:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

gene-pool

New Head-Fier
I need to fix a pair of 7506's by replacing the cable on the cans. I'm thinking about simply ordering Canare or Belden cable and a Neutrik or similar plug from Marktetek. Is either cable company preferable? What specific cable do I need to order (could you provide a link?) It has to fit the hole on the cans of course. What could I use to make sure that the bare wires that I strip don't touch after I solder them? I head of a spray dielectric, any word on that? Would heatshrink work?

BTW flexibility is very important and I don't plan on braiding two cables together...

Thanks.
-Gene

Jan 11, 2003 at 6:05 PM Post #2 of 6
A little help?
frown.gif

-Gene

Jan 11, 2003 at 11:01 PM Post #5 of 6
I would call or e-mail Marketek and ask them which one is most flexible. (and color choice may be an issue too). Mesaure the diameter of the sony cable and find the closest cable that is flexible and the right size and color. You can use heat shrink to insulate any wire that needs it, or just about any scrap of plastic tubing you have around will be fine. I hope that helps!

Jan 11, 2003 at 11:33 PM Post #6 of 6
Get the original from Sony they would sell it, just get the part number, or read my PM....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back