Replacing stock Audio Gd power cord
Dec 12, 2014 at 6:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Musica Amantem

100+ Head-Fier
Mr. Kingwa has suggested to replace the stock power cord on my Audio Gd NFB 3 (2014) for slightly better performance. His recommendation goes along the lines of not expensive but a good brand name and the shorter and heavier (he actually said powerful), the better. According to Kingwa, each power cord has its own 'flavor', and his suggestion is to try and find what best suits our perceptions.

Of course, he refers to printer power cords, the ideal replacement for the DAC's stock power cord. Could anyone suggest something available with these characteristics and with good results? Thanks for any assistance.

Dec 12, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #2 of 5
I have a lot of Audio-GD stuff and use mostly Xindak power cables. Everything sounds OK to me, but I really haven't compared to other brands.
If you can find some model you think would work for you, maybe the Audio-GD folks could verify there could be a change from a stock power cord. Xindak seems to be a well respected audio company here in China...

Dec 12, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #4 of 5
Hi, here is a link to the Xindak cable page..

http://www.xindak.com/en-us/products/default.aspx?catalogid=4

I am not sure if easily available in the USA - if you buy from China, it would be a good idea to buy from some reliable source - my guess is there are a lot of copies available.. There are some links to authorized dealers at the web site. Seems to me the ebay offerings are way overpriced..

An example would be you could ask Audio-GD if they think something like a "新德克 PC-02" would be an improvement to the stock cable.

Dec 13, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #5 of 5
Yeah, I had looked at their website, but no clue about where to buy them and what the prices may be. They refer to a store named Tailored Technology, but this store's website only shows the different brands represented but no online purchasing store. Xindak, OTOH, shows several power cord models, all looking very well made.

Kingwa's recommendation is for an ordinary printer power cable of a well known brand (meaning a reliable and well designed cable) and not a boutique or "audiophile" cable, as this would not make much difference, according to him. He referred to his stock cable as "so-so."

Could you translate that word/phrase for me? Thanks for the inputs.

Also, does anyone else in this forum replaced their original Audio Gd stock power cord (regardless of their DAC model), and would be willing to share?  Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back