Replacing Sony MDR-XD400 ideas?
May 30, 2010 at 6:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

TweakGames

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone!

About what seems like 4 year ago I purchased a pair of MDR-XD400 headphones for audio and gaming. I LOVE the staging and pretty much everything about them.  They are big and comfortable on my ears after 8+ hours of gaming/coding, the band on the top that holds most of the weight is wonderful, how the cable only goes to one ear, and most importantly the long long cable that has a sort of protective braided sleeve around it.  If it wasn't for the sleeve these would have been toast a long time ago with my chair rolling over it 20+ times a day lol.   Sadly, the right ear is starting to go out, it is noticeably quieter and if I tap it on the desk it will get louder or quieter. :frowning2:   

I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for something like these?  I honestly might just grab another pair, but it seems like the price has went up a lot since I first got them online? ($58)  I do not mind having to get an amp, I have been wanting to dive into one for a while now. :)   The XD400's have the ability to switch the sound mode from music to movie but I have honestly never experimented with it the whole time I had them. 

List of importance:
1. Staging
2. Long protected cable
3. Head weight support system for ear comfort

Thanks
~Tweak 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back