Replacing my zune premium earphones
Feb 27, 2009 at 6:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Phantom87

Head-Fier
2czt6iq.jpg

Ok so i have a budget of about $200 CAD. I listen to alot of hip hop and rnB and a bit of soft rock and alternative music. The zune earphones have great isolation and would want something like that. The bass can be great sometimes and other time muddy. Right now the wire has gotten naked making it not good for outdoor use these days so i use my HFI-780.

So i'm looking for worthy replacements because all my music is are highly quality V0 or V2 VBR rips on my zune and computer too.

I check out the phonak thread and kept reading till someone said they were great for hip hop. So now i'm looking at the atrio m5 but not decided on that yet.

Feb 27, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #2 of 9
might try the ue super.fi 5 extended bass. They're supposed to go well w/ hip-hop.

Feb 27, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2czt6iq.jpg

Ok so i have a budget of about $200 CAD. I listen to alot of hip hop and rnB and a bit of soft rock and alternative music. The zune earphones have great isolation and would want something like that. The bass can be great sometimes and other time muddy. Right now the wire has gotten naked making it not good for outdoor use these days so i use my HFI-780.

So i'm looking for worthy replacements because all my music is are highly quality V0 or V2 VBR rips on my zune and computer too.

I check out the phonak thread and kept reading till someone said they were great for hip hop. So now i'm looking at the atrio m5 but not decided on that yet.

Monster Turbines, $149.95 at Amazon. Check the thread. A very very good value and plenty of bass with detail too. I owned the Atrios, and the Turbines outperform the M5 v1's that I owned. Plus, they are sturdier, made of metal, not plastic. And, most of all, they sound excellent from the Zune80 HP out. No amp needed.

Feb 27, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Monster Turbines, $149.95 at Amazon. Check the thread. A very very good value and plenty of bass with detail too. I owned the Atrios, and the Turbines outperform the M5 v1's that I owned. Plus, they are sturdier, made of metal, not plastic. And, most of all, they sound excellent from the Zune80 HP out. No amp needed.

oh yeaa i was gonna check on the monster turbines too. i think i got distracted because its from the company that made Beats by Dre, lol.

Feb 27, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #5 of 9
-maybe Sennheiser IE series ( sale at NCIXUS)
-PFEs
-Monsters
-Atrios

Feb 28, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #8 of 9
hmm, well the sennheiser IE is pretty much over my budget.

The monster turbines are really looking good at the moment. i will make the purchse on monday through e-bay. unless i change my mind again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back