Replacing my W3s
Nov 7, 2019 at 2:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

SDMike

New Head-Fier
Hi Head-Fi,

I mentioned in another thread but thought I might be better to solicit input here.

I've been pretty happy with my Westone W3s for about 4 years, 3 of those were in custom shells from Inearz. Well a couple weeks ago the right side completely quit working, Inspecting them closer the drivers are loose inside the shell and I suspect the wires have broken apart. I spoke to Kaysen, who let me know Inearz is no longer working on other manufacturer's drivers and have moved on to their own CIEMs. She did offer a discount if I wished to buy a new set from them. I'm not thrilled with this prospect and a bit bummed.

Having said all that, my experience is limited to UE TripleFi 10s and my W3s. I have varied taste in music from Alina Baraz to Diry Honey and Frank Ocean to Otis Redding.

I prefer something fun and lively as opposed to flat and neutral and I am not against Chi-Fi, the T-800 seem to have caught my eye as many comparisons are being drawn to the Campfire Audio Andromeda, though I could be just really crushing on the 8 Knowles BA array.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, and if anyone is local to San Diego and doesn't mind demoing I'm all for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back