Replacing my TF10?
Mar 8, 2016 at 9:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Murre

Head-Fier
So I have a pair of Triplefi10s and I have loved them for a few years. But I keep having the same issues.

The fit isn't the best, I use comply foams which is the best I have found but I find that I need to adjust the IEMs quite often anyway (tried different sizes).
I have replaced the cables maybe 4 times since I got them. The original cable was crap and broke within a few months, then I bought a Null audio cable that worked for 6-12months which they replaced twice after that and they are also broken now. My last attempt was a Fiio cable which also broke within a few months... They all usually break at the headphone part as I think the fit isn't working correctly so I need to adjust them around my ear all the time...

Either all the cables are horrible or I'm doing something clearly wrong. I would say the one that last me the longest was the first Null audio cable that had a rubber fitting band at the ear.

I love the sound of my TFs but it would also be fun with an upgrade of course.

I have been looking in to Shure 535, Noble 4, Westone 4R. But unsure if I should buy one of them or maybe try another cable.

Any Advice?:)

Mar 8, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #2 of 3
FLC8S and RHA T20i are worth adding to your list.  I haven't heard the MEE Pinnacle P1, but it seems very well regarded as does the Oriveti Primacy.  I think the Shure 535 is way overpriced for what it delivers and its signature is much diferent than your TF10.  I believe the developer of the FLC also worked on the TF10.

Mar 8, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #3 of 3
  So I have a pair of Triplefi10s and I have loved them for a few years. But I keep having the same issues.

The fit isn't the best, I use comply foams which is the best I have found but I find that I need to adjust the IEMs quite often anyway (tried different sizes).
I have replaced the cables maybe 4 times since I got them. The original cable was crap and broke within a few months, then I bought a Null audio cable that worked for 6-12months which they replaced twice after that and they are also broken now. My last attempt was a Fiio cable which also broke within a few months... They all usually break at the headphone part as I think the fit isn't working correctly so I need to adjust them around my ear all the time...

Either all the cables are horrible or I'm doing something clearly wrong. I would say the one that last me the longest was the first Null audio cable that had a rubber fitting band at the ear.

I love the sound of my TFs but it would also be fun with an upgrade of course.

I have been looking in to Shure 535, Noble 4, Westone 4R. But unsure if I should buy one of them or maybe try another cable.

Any Advice?:)

Get them reshelled into customs.  Get a decent cable and fit as well.  Westone 4r has long since been replaced by the w40 btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back