Replacing headphone jack. Need Help
Mar 24, 2012 at 12:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

zael99

New Head-Fier
I'm hoping you guys can help out. My ATH-M50s were cutting out a bit on the left side when I would jiggle the cord at the plug so I replaced it with replacements I found at RadioShack. Only problem now is the part I used was apparently of really bad quality because it won't fit into a standard headphone jack and the left channel will cut out entirely like it's not making a connection. So I come to you with the hopes that someone will know of a good higher quality replacement part that I can use.

TL;DR: I am looking for a good quality male stereo 3.5mm headphone plug that I can use to replace the one on my ATH-M50s that won't crap out on me

Thanks in advance.

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #2 of 2
RadioShack plugs suck, I once used one too, and it failed within two weeks.

I used this Neutrik 3.5mm 90 degree plug for my HD205-II when the plug broke.  It has a fully-metal housing and is angled at 90 degrees, which helps prevent the plug from damaging the jack if you bump into it with something.  It also has a very good strain relief built in, just make sure to read the instructions on how to install it properly.  The black sleeve at the back gives it a professional look as well, I think it'll look better than the original weird ATH-M50 plug.

On Amazon.com - [Link]

It costs about $4.50 on amazon.com, and there's other places to buy it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back