Replacing HD700 with HD58X Jubilee?
Jul 3, 2023 at 3:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Avean

100+ Head-Fier
Had my HD700's from Sennheiser for many years and now looking to replace them cause they have seen better days. I was hugely disappointed with them when i first got them but thanks to these forums i could atleast EQ them to make them sound better. I mostly use the headphones for gaming. 80% gaming and 20% music i would say.
I've read that the HD58x is really great value for the money but looking for some input if i would be downgrading going to HD58X from HD700 or maybe opposite? Ive seen some reddit posts where people love them way more than HD700. I definetely prefer the more "fun" sounding headphones with a good bass.

Jul 3, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #2 of 3
I think the only major downside will be the smaller soundstage.
Since you're doing 80% gaming, I think that's not a significant deal breaker.

Jul 3, 2023 at 6:58 PM Post #3 of 3
First I'd spend $15 on the Modhouse foam kit for the hd700. I've installed a couple and adds a little bass and curbs the 6khz peak a little as well. The pads are available from Sennheiser with Alcantra material but they're expensive.
The hd58x is going to sound closed in with the soundstage. Gaming footsteps happen in the 2khz-6khz range, so I'd check the response chart to see if your going to like it or not. When I had the 58x it sounded too veiled for gaming so I swapped out the foam for less dense material to let the treble through a little more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back