replacing dac chip of fiio q1mii
Jun 24, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #2 of 8
Better to just sell off the FiiO Q1MK 2 and replace it with a device with the AK4490 series DAC chip built in.

Jun 24, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #3 of 8
Topping E30, has the AK4493 and is pretty cheap

Jun 24, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #5 of 8
i want portable DAC with AMP compo
thats why i want to buy the chip only and replace it with ak4452nv
Ah sorry, didn't read portable.
Don't know the portable options, sorry

Jun 24, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #7 of 8
thank you for help
first - i want to do this because i already bought fiio fh7 and i thought that q1mii will not give me the full audio resolution , sound stage, triple , bass , mid frequency and quality for my new FH7
second - do I realy need 2.5 cable for the fh7 or not and what the difference between lc-2.5c series and lc-2.5d series

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2020 at 3:35 AM Post #8 of 8
first - i want to do this because i already bought fiio fh7 and i thought that q1mii will not give me the full audio resolution , sound stage, triple , bass , mid frequency and quality for my new FH7

The DAC chip's effect on the resolution is only in what bit depth and sampling frequency it will use, which doesn't really affect overall resolution that much in the sense that running a 16/44.1 copy and a 24/96 copy of the same song and recording through the same system without up/oversampling the lower resolution file will not yield any difference. Using a higher bit depth file with a DAC that has lower bit depth and sampling though can result in reduced battery life on the host device, and in some cases, noise.

And even if the DAC chip did that, if the amp section after it doesn't have the channel separation anda more 3D image/presentation, then the signal justgoes through the same amp stage.

That's why even if swapping out DAC chips would work and not risk any damage it's still advisable to get an all-new portable DAC-HPamp.

second - do I realy need 2.5 cable for the fh7 or not and what the difference between lc-2.5c series and lc-2.5d series

Only if you want to run balanced drive with separate L- and R- pins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back