Replacing Audio Technica W1000X Earpads... With what?
Aug 14, 2015 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DarkScythe

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

It's been a while since I last checked around here, although in my defense, every time I check in here my wallet tends to get lighter for some reason.
In either case, I suppose it's about to do just that... assuming I can figure out what to spend it on.

I imported a pair of Audio Technica W1000X's from Japan a couple years ago, and I love it. It's absolutely colored and non-neutral, but it works great for me when I don't feel like 'listening critically' with my HD600's.
Unfortunately, even though I've tried to keep them in good condition and using them sparingly (though when I do use them, it's for several hours at a time, haha) the earpads have begun to deteriorate. I suppose it's inevitable for pleather? I wish they threw in a backup set of earpads, since my Shure's have also begun to deteriorate, but that extra pair in the box was great to have for just that occasion. (That said, the Shure's headband is also falling apart, so I'm not too sure what to do there, but eh.)

Having said that... Where does one get replacement earpads for this? I see recently that the W1000X have become available without having to import, but even so, I can't seem to find any place that sells earpads, and I can't seem to figure out if Audio Technica operates/sells this stuff in the US or not. As well, what would even be good candidates? Some searching reveals that people who owned this headphone generally liked the L3000 earpads, but they also don't seem to be available anywhere. As such, I'm at a loss as to what to do / buy.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Aug 14, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #2 of 3
I'd go ask in the W1000X threads :).

Aug 14, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #3 of 3
Haha, fair enough. It's just that the forum seems to want people to post questions in this subforum instead, what with the giant text box and red text and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back