Replacing a Boston Acoustics Microsystem CD (MSYSCDW) CD drive - options?
Aug 23, 2013 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Team

New Head-Fier
I have a Boston Acoustics Microsystem CD. The speakers and radio still work great but recently the slot-loading CD player has started to go on the fritz. Sometimes I have to insert CDs 3 or 4 times, at different angles, in order to get it to recognize them, or else it spits out an E70 error code (dirty/damaged/unrecognized disc according to the manual). It also skips intermittently during playback. Today I inserted a CD and it went part way in the slot and just stopped, then wouldn't eject. I had to unplug the system several times in order to get the motor to come on and eject the disc. I called my local Boston service centre, who confirmed the needed fix to my problem is a replacement CD player. However according to them Boston stopped making replacement parts about a year ago, so they no longer have any supply of replacement drives. I've Googled around, however with the exception of an old Kajiji listing I can't find a source of parts. Does anyone have any ideas of how/where I might look to replace the CD drive, or should I just give up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back