Replacements for Vibes for ~$150
Jul 13, 2007 at 10:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

andrus

New Head-Fier
Yarr... the wire on my vibes ripped apart again and I doubt they'd replace them again so I need some new IEMs.. Got my MS-1's already for home listening so I need something noise canceling (more then the vibes) and look nice for alternative rock, hard rock, pop rock and less importantly hip-hop/r&b.. And I like a bit of exaggerated bass just not too much and nothing too bright either. So... any suggestions?

PS: I'd really like something that's actually built well for once and last a while... Vibes kept breaking and MS-1's are just china plastic so yeah..

Jul 13, 2007 at 2:00 PM Post #3 of 9
UE Super.fi 5 Pros sound right up your alley. There have been some great reviews of the M5s as the previous poster mentioned as well.

Jul 13, 2007 at 3:46 PM Post #4 of 9
I think the Atrio M5s will be perfect for you. Also, IMO they are a little bit more durable than the super.fi pro. The super.fi is aso good sounding but it is a long time since I last heard them, so I'm not sure whether it's better than the Atrio or not.

Jul 13, 2007 at 3:56 PM Post #5 of 9
i second the super.fi 5 pro suggestion. i listen to mostly similar genres of music, and there really isn't a rival to the 5 pro's bass notes. as for build construction, they are quite durable in my experience, and with the UE 2 year warranty, you can always get a replacement if something breaks down

Jul 14, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #6 of 9
I upgraded from the Vibes to the M5 recently (same issue with the Vibe cord breaking) and I have been very happy about the decision. Many of the qualities that I liked about the Vibes (1st gen) are enhanced in the Atrio M5, things like musicality, bass impact. Also, although I enjoyed my Vibes, the isolation was never really sufficient to block out outside noises - the volume levels necessary indoors vs. outdoors walking somewhere were pretty substantially different for me, whereas I can listen at the same level no matter where I am (even on the subway in the mornings) with the Atrio. The only area I think I give a slight edge to the Vibe in is its soundstage - the design of the Vibes makes for a very airy and natural-feeling soundstage.

Jul 14, 2007 at 7:31 AM Post #8 of 9
Crossroads Mylarones X3, from jaben.net, maybe? Haven't used them, so I don't know about the build. Users really seem to like them.

Sorry about your Vibes ... a friend got hers when they were first on sale, and she loves hers ... no problems (of course, she babies them and her MP3 players).

Jul 14, 2007 at 8:34 AM Post #9 of 9
I do believe the Future Sonics Atrio m5 should be on your shortlist. Although the sound signature didn't suit me that well, it seems to fit most others extremely well. Plus, I sold them without extensive burn-in so I might have enjoyed it if I had kept it a little longer. It was an impulse buy and then an impulse sell.
smily_headphones1.gif

If you can wait a little longer, the q-JAYS should be coming out soon, but they're a little out of your budget ($179 pre-tax). However, they could be the next featured IEM on these boards. Though they seem a little more on the neutral, balanced side rather than the warm, bassy side.

I can attest that the Atrio m5 will appease those looking for bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back