Replacements for Shure E3C for Rock
Aug 3, 2007 at 9:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Chronos

100+ Head-Fier
These earphones were really disappointing. They cost a lot and didn't even perform better than my friends UE .3 I'm using a Samsung YP-T9 and I have to turn the volume up to almost max to hear these things which totally distorts the sound to crap. I've tried all the different ear inserts forming tight seals and they're just not loud enough, and have no bass at all. The mids and highs are excellent though. Very clear and details. You can really hear the different percussion beats, and vocals are extremely clear. But I really need something more for my type of music.

I listen to rock, hardcore, metal, screamo, some rap, pop, acoustic. I was looking at the UE .5 EB since even though I heard it has lots of bass, realistically IEMs just don't have much bass. If I can find something to reproduce the bass of headphones that would be great. Would the UE .5 EB beable to do that? Would they sacrifice noticeably in mids and highs?

Aug 3, 2007 at 10:22 PM Post #3 of 6
If you go with UE, avoid the EB version, if several Head-Fi posters are to be believed. Also look into the Future Sonics Atrio M5s, listing at $199 but often available on eBay from a reputable dealer for as low as $130.

Aug 4, 2007 at 1:21 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by robinclp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol using an iem to max volume...?

Careful your eardrum might pop

believe me, they weren't that loud, the ue .3 blew my shure's away in terms of loudness and bass. I couldn't believe the differences in the products and how much more i paid.

Aug 4, 2007 at 3:18 AM Post #5 of 6
If you have your IEMs at close to max volume and they aren't ear-bleedingly loud, you're doing something wrong. Check your fit, and try a different set of tips.

That said, E3s aren't bass-monsters. Try Westone UM2s, Shure E5s, or Shure E500s if that's what you want. The E500 (for example), has probably about 5-6 times the bass of the E3s (particularly low bass).

Aug 4, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #6 of 6
^ yeah you're def. doing something wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Back