replacement ultrasone drivers?
Jul 30, 2007 at 12:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

xinoxide

500+ Head-Fier
i was soldering a new cable to my prolines, when the needle of my soldering iron split in half, the result is a driver with a torn and burned to hell lead running to the voicecoil. after looking at the drivers, it doesnt look like too easy a remedy can be found, especially in my case with the lead having been burned and possibly damaging the diaphragm.

in the past, i have e-mailed ultrasone (with the minimal geman i learned in highschool ) and ultrasoneusa requesting parts like pads before they were offered on the site.

if i cant get the appropriate parts, id want to franken-phone them with a pair of denon D1000 drivers.

other plans may include another mod to bring up vocals a bit with a passive crossover without a "sub", but the long rolloff would go from around 260hz to 1hz from any given volume. and keeping the back open and putting the isolating pads back on as to create a punch and louder vocal erea. enough about that and back to trying to locate proline 750 drivers. ( i emeiled them asking about drivers again before finishing this post, ill see what happens with that i guess )

Jul 30, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #2 of 2
That sucks, will probably be harder to order drivers. Good luck with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back