Replacement tips for ATH-CK10?
Jun 6, 2011 at 5:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

thedz

New Head-Fier
I lost my left original rubber tip on a plane earlier this weekend, so I'm looking for replacement.

I was honestly okay with the standard rubber tips -- does anyone know where I can get replacements? I saw that audiocubes sells tips for the ck-7, but I'm not sure if those will fit the CK10.

Jun 6, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #2 of 5
Jun 8, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #3 of 5
Per Haonan in another CK10 thread:  Audio Technica ER-CK9 . 

I'm not sure exactly who carries them.  He (Haonon) might have mentioned it in one of the other CK10 threads. 

Good luck.

Jun 13, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #4 of 5
I lost my left original rubber tip on a plane earlier this weekend, so I'm looking for replacement.

I was honestly okay with the standard rubber tips -- does anyone know where I can get replacements? I saw that audiocubes sells tips for the ck-7, but I'm not sure if those will fit the CK10.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/467576/audio-technica-ath-ck10/1230#post_7464558

Posted this information previously in ATH-CK10's official thread, above's the direct URL link in case you have trouble digging through the whole of 84 pages worth of information. Exact model name for the default silicone tips is ER-CK9, like what AudioDwebe had mentioned.

Jun 14, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #5 of 5
Yep the following are the ones which are the most popular (in my order of preference) if you go through the awesome CK10 thread:

1. Sony Hybrids (Original/Compatible) (My favourite)
2. Monster Tr-flanges (Original/Compatible) 
3. CK100 Foamies
4. Shure Olives/Tri-Flanges

and then there are a whole bunch of other mentioned by AudioDwebe.

If you want the comfort/sound closest to the stock tips, go for the Sony Hybrids.

Here is the list of compatible tips (taken from the CK10 thread - sorry I have no idea where it is from - I just had them saved in my notes - credit to the original poster)

Quote:
List of compatible tips:
-Altec Lansing tri-flanges
-Audio Technica foams (ER-CK100)
-Audio Technica silicon
- Complys (tstarn06)
-Etymotic tri-flanges (googleli)
-Etymotic Glider foam (average_joe)
-FutureSonics Atrio tips (dfkt)
-JVC / Victor FX500 foams (shigzeo)
-Klipsch gel tips (tstarn06)
-Monster Cable tips (average_joe)
-NuForce foams (shigzeo)
-Phonak Audéo PFE tips
-Shure tri-flanges (mp3)
- Shure Olives (de-cored) (a bit loose)
-Sony Hybrids (EP-EX10A) (ljokerl)
-SoundMagic foams
-Ultimate Ears silicon (james444; can also be modified with Playaz/Xears orange foams stuffed underneath)
-VSonic foams (ljokerl)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back