Replacement suggestions for Shure SE535
Sep 30, 2015 at 6:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

negev

New Head-Fier
I've had SE535s for a couple of years now and mostly I like them, except that I've gone through about 4 or 5 iPhone cables in that time because the cables are poorly made and keep fraying near the earpieces.

As the drivers are now out of warranty I'm thinking it might be good to get a new set as a xmas present for myself, so was wondering what I should consider.  The Shure's sound ok to me, I'm using a set of brown transducers which made them slightly warmer.

I'm looking in the sub-£300 range to keep it roughly around what I paid for the 535s, so the high-end Shures are too expensive.

Are the Sennheiser IE80's a good choice?

My main concerns are:

- sound quality (I want to enjoy the music rather than analyse it, so would like it warmer rather than analytical and as smooth as possible)
- iphone cable with a pause button that won't break every few months

Thanks..

Sep 30, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #2 of 2
Oh I completely forgot - I also have ACS custom moulds so whatever replacements I get I need to be able to get moulds made for them.  I think the company that took the impressions keep it on file so as long as the earpieces support it then I should be able to order them easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back