Replacement MMCX cable?
Jun 28, 2021 at 2:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Claypole

100+ Head-Fier
I damaged the 3.5mm connector on the cable for my Westone UM Pro 30 iems, and the right channel now only works intermittently. This is the official Epic’ cable with MMCX connectors, and a replacement costs over £40.

I have a set of UM Pro 10, which have the same cable, so I just use that cable instead. Job done, but the UM Pro 10 still get used (iPad in bed), so I need a new cable for them.

Would any MMCX connectors work with these IEMs, or is it not quite that straight forward? Ideally I would like the cable reinforced at the IEM end, and shaped to go round my ears, and would prefer not to have in-line controls.

Any suggestions, please? I’ve seen price start at £10, and whilst I would happily pay more, I’d rather not pay £40 that Westone want for their cable. Maybe there’s a cheaper alternative that might be even better than the Epic cable?

As for repairing the damaged cable, I will happily get a replacement connector and have a go, but only once the replacement is delivered and working. (In case my ham fisted repair doesn’t work out!)

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back