Replacement iBuds?
May 8, 2007 at 3:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

akerman

100+ Head-Fier
Hi.

I have a pair of iBuds that came with my nano - now they're sort of broke on one ear, so I need a replacement pair. Apparantly I can only order the lanyard version on the apple site, so I need something else.

Any recommendations ?

I've had MX500s, they're too fragile. I have a pair of Shure IEM, they are nice for cancelling out sound, but just too bothersome for everyday use... I just need something easy, with respectable sound quality - the iBuds were fine for me.

May 8, 2007 at 3:28 PM Post #3 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Creative ep630?

From first glance they look good.

I'm just worrying about them falling out easily, like apples own in-ear buds ?

May 8, 2007 at 3:32 PM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you get the seal right, they won't go anywhere. They're a much more secure fit than the apple in-ear buds.

Why did you sell yours?

May 8, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by freakmax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
KSC75
simply the best IMO

That's if he wants open. Which is fine, but not so exciting for plane rides
smily_headphones1.gif

May 8, 2007 at 4:12 PM Post #8 of 20
the OP just wants anything basically... you cant find any replacement ibuds on ebay either?

anyways, i'm pretty sure any old earbud that you can buy from the local walmart/best buy would suit you perfectly fine. just pick the one you think is most comfortable.

May 8, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #9 of 20
well i would suggest the Yuin range, just got mine recently and gotta say I love them.. =) but they are a bit on the expensive side...

anyway..if you don't mind paying postage from Australia, I could probably send u a pair of iBud that i got with my nano to you for free. Ain't using them for a while already but they are in perfect condition.

May 8, 2007 at 6:36 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the OP just wants anything basically... you cant find any replacement ibuds on ebay either?

anyways, i'm pretty sure any old earbud that you can buy from the local walmart/best buy would suit you perfectly fine. just pick the one you think is most comfortable.

Anything with respectable sound quality yes
cool.gif

Escaflo, thanks that's a kind offer. I'll look into Yuin and read some more reviews on Creative, and if all fails you might get a pm
tongue.gif

May 8, 2007 at 6:51 PM Post #12 of 20
I never did sell mine, they're still around the house but I gave them to my sister to use. I'd still be using them if I hadn't found the PX100s since I prefer over-the-ear headphones (less earwax). They're very decent earbuds for the price.

May 8, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by akerman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anything with respectable sound quality yes
cool.gif

Escaflo, thanks that's a kind offer. I'll look into Yuin and read some more reviews on Creative, and if all fails you might get a pm
tongue.gif

Respectable sound quality and you still use ibuds?

(that's a joke right?)

I'd suggest you jump on the Yuin PK3 group buy quickly since they are only 25 dollars. Next in line I'd reccomend the KSC-75s since everyone needs to hear them once in their life on head-fi. After that, try and find some Koss Sparkplugs and mod them. If you do a good job, you can get great sound from those little buggers too.

May 8, 2007 at 8:45 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by FooTemps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Respectable sound quality and you still use ibuds?

(that's a joke right?)

I'd suggest you jump on the Yuin PK3 group buy quickly since they are only 25 dollars. Next in line I'd reccomend the KSC-75s since everyone needs to hear them once in their life on head-fi. After that, try and find some Koss Sparkplugs and mod them. If you do a good job, you can get great sound from those little buggers too.

iBuds sound great to me! Better than sennheiser mx500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back