replacement HP1000 thumbscrews
Aug 30, 2006 at 12:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

EdipisReks

Banned
my pair of HP-2s didn't come with the thumbscrews that lock the earcups in position, and i was wondering if anyone had found any thumbscrews that make adequete replacements for the real deal. thanks!

Aug 30, 2006 at 12:37 AM Post #2 of 13
chances are good that you can find appropriate parts (at least functionally) on mcmaster carr.

be sure that you get "flat contacts" and not pointy ones or you WILL mess up your headphones.

Aug 30, 2006 at 12:49 AM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Lan lost one I think, when he got his pair. I know he was hunting around for a suitable replacement. I asked Larry about it, and he said that the originals were made specifically for the HP1000 but something of a similar size should be around. Lan may have found something by now.

i'll shoot lan a PM, thanks!

Aug 30, 2006 at 12:49 AM Post #5 of 13
Lan lost one I think, when he got his pair. I know he was hunting around for a suitable replacement. I asked Larry about it, and he said that the originals were made specifically for the HP1000 but something of a similar size should be around. Lan may have found something by now.

Aug 30, 2006 at 12:52 AM Post #6 of 13
I would imagine that the threading is somewhat standard, there would be no reason for it not to be. I would walk down to your local hardware store with the headphones and find some screws that fit (maybe 10-24, thats just a wild guess), and then you can work from there. Remember, you dont need to test out thumbscrews, just test out any kind of screw/bolt, and write down the threading size. Then you can hop on mcmaster carr or whatever else and find the nice part.

Aug 30, 2006 at 1:49 AM Post #8 of 13
got to OSH or Home Depot. They have all sorts of bolts. Bring the HP-1000's on your neck and then try them in the hole till you find the one you need. then you can cut it to the shorter length. File it down smooth at the tip after you cut and you are good to go.

Aug 30, 2006 at 4:53 AM Post #10 of 13
Hi, just read your PM. I havn't found a replacement yet as I just havn't been using the HP1000 with work and a relative visiting. I lost mine around the house I believe.

Aug 30, 2006 at 4:54 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Hi, just read your PM. I havn't found a replacement yet as I just havn't been using the HP1000 with work and a relative visiting. I lost mine around the house I believe.

if i find a suitable replacement i'll let you know, then.
smily_headphones1.gif
thanks!

Aug 30, 2006 at 5:03 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
if i find a suitable replacement i'll let you know, then.
smily_headphones1.gif
thanks!

Thanks and likewise if I come across something, I'll probably make/pickup a few just in case I or anybody else lose more. These things are easy to lose. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back