Replacement Headband For The Audio Technica ATH M50x Headphones?
Jul 31, 2022 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Aceolus

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I just got me a pair of Audio Technica ATH M50x headphones and while I love them, the stock earpads and headband aren't that comfy. I have already gone ahead and replaced the stock pads with some Brainwavz Velor Replacement Ear Pads which I really like but I don't know what to do about the headband. Ideally speaking, I would like to have a memory foam and velour headband but I haven't had any luck in finding anything like that. I have searched through some headbands and I have found a few but nothing that seems to be of interest. Can anybody help me find a replacement headband? This is what I have found so far and do not like. Here is the measurments of the stock headband as well.

Stock Audio Technica ATH M50x Headband Size
  • Length: 8"
  • Width: 1 1/2"
  • Height: 1/2"
Replacement Headbands
  • Defean Headphone Protector Headband - LINK
  • LTYIVABHTTW Replacement Headband - LINK
  • Timibis Headphone Replacement Headband Cover - LINK
  • TXEsign Universal Replacement Headband Cushion Pad Cover - LINK
  • WC BandZ V2 - LINK

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #2 of 7
I use the Geekria headband cover on Amazon on my Denon and previously Fostex. The padding attaches via Velcro and you can choose from leather, gel, or velour.

Super comfortable but if your head is on the larger side, the headphones might only work fully extended. It's also compatible with the M50x.

Jul 31, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #3 of 7
I use the Geekria headband cover on Amazon on my Denon and previously Fostex. The padding attaches via Velcro and you can choose from leather, gel, or velour.

Super comfortable but if your head is on the larger side, the headphones might only work fully extended. It's also compatible with the M50x.
I just looked it up and found the leather one HERE. Can you link me to the velour one and gel one? I can't find them.

Jul 31, 2022 at 6:17 PM Post #4 of 7
Jul 31, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #6 of 7
They're really nice... for the price, I don't think you'll be disappointed. And Amazon has free returns. Lmk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back