Replacement headband for HD650s
Mar 11, 2009 at 5:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Geckosan

New Head-Fier
Heard a loud crack when I stuck my HD650s on a week or two back (I honestly wasn’t being heavy handed with them), there is now 3 large (and growing) cracks on the right side of the headband which make them uncomfortable to wear and could snap completely any time soon.
Unfortunately they are also about 6 months out of warranty
frown.gif

I’ve tried gluing the cracks together but neither superglue or epoxy is strong enough against the kind of flexing the band must take when putting the phones on (that said I will give it another go when they snap completely as I’ll have better accessibility to the break).

Sennheiser’s UK site points to this shop for spare parts: headphonesdirect
But £71 very expensive for a cheap bit of plastic (I echo the calls that such a quality set of headphones should have a metal band!).
On some similar threads people have said that the 580 headband should fit just the same (and on the above site they are a much more reasonable £32), can anyone confirm this?

Are there any other parts that will work? Or for that matter is there a metal version available?
Are there any other options for fixing the headband (please don’t suggest sticky tape!)

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back