Replacement for the Shure E4G?
Aug 3, 2007 at 4:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Sgt_Strider

100+ Head-Fier
I'm getting really fed up with the Shure E4 because Shure has failed to include a clip for the earphones. The wire for the earphones is a bit on the heavy side and regardless of which pair of sleeves that I use, if I run with the earphones, the wire will eventually pull the earphones out of my ears. The E4G is also a bit too long as I'm 5'8" and I need something shorter. I'm hoping that the length of the wire would be similar to the stock Ipod earphones. I have yet to find a clip that will clip the cable to my shirt and I'm seriously thinking of purchasing another IEM. Does anyone here have any recommendations for something similar to the Shure E4G, but with a shorter cable and clip?

Aug 3, 2007 at 5:33 PM Post #2 of 9
When I need a clip I plug the e3's into my ipod radio remote, clip it on, and drop the extra cable down my shirt. Of course I don't do that running too often, I find myself breathing to the beat instead of my pace, and run out of air! Usually this is my motorcycle rig.

Aug 4, 2007 at 12:07 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm getting really fed up with the Shure E4 because Shure has failed to include a clip for the earphones. The wire for the earphones is a bit on the heavy side and regardless of which pair of sleeves that I use, if I run with the earphones, the wire will eventually pull the earphones out of my ears. The E4G is also a bit too long as I'm 5'8" and I need something shorter. I'm hoping that the length of the wire would be similar to the stock Ipod earphones. I have yet to find a clip that will clip the cable to my shirt and I'm seriously thinking of purchasing another IEM. Does anyone here have any recommendations for something similar to the Shure E4G, but with a shorter cable and clip?

Lol, just pick up a small clip and glue it to the cord. Sheesh...

Ply

Aug 23, 2007 at 8:32 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Almost any IEM will have a lighter and shorter cable than any Shures. You probably wouldnt have the same problem with say, a Westone UM2.

I heard that the new Shure earphones have replaceable cables?

The thing is that I'm looking for something equivalent to my Shure E4G.

Sep 11, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #9 of 9
Are you wearing the Shures over-the-ear? I currently use the Shure E4 and find that the downward drag on the cable is greatly reduced by simply wearing the cable over the top of the ear. May be a simple solution and, if done right, doesn't look too goofy.

El Duderino

Users who are viewing this thread

Back