Replacement for Shure SRH840
Dec 19, 2015 at 7:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

whirlingblack

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

Recently my Shure SRH840 broke after many years of everyday use, the small cables connecting the two ears with each other are no longer working correctly but rather only produce sound when held in a certain angle. I'm no expert so I'm not sure why this is, but I'm assuming that the wires inside the cables are starting to break?

My warranty from the store I bought them from were only good for one year, and I don't know if Shure has any separate one? They are already 4½ years old so perhaps if there were a warranty that has also expired?

Either way, unless anyone have a good idea for a fix, I'd like to ask for tips for a new set of everyday headphones. I have a pair of LCD-2s that I use on special occasions but I'm rather paranoid about them based on the cost, and also the fact that they're a bit heavy on the neck.

So I'd like to ask for tips on high quality, comfortable and not very heavy headphones, closed-back for isolation, larger size earpads would also be a plus since the SRH840 is a tad bit too small for me and is not comfortable when wearing glasses. But I enjoy the high quality yet forgiving sound of the 840, and something that builds onto that further would be ideal, I think. They're going to be used for "everyday use" on the computer, not only music but also movies, games, etc.

I'd estimate a good 75% of the music I listen to belong to various form of harder rock and metal music, and the remaining 25% is mostly classical and electronic.

Dec 19, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #2 of 2
You could read about the Soundmagic HP-150

Best Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back