replacement for Shure se425, but with a bit more base?
Jun 12, 2017 at 12:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Seancs14

100+ Head-Fier
I've had my Shure se425's for a while and generally like them. I'm thinking about replacing them if I can fins something around $300 or less (new or used) that can retain the detail and quality of the mids/highs from the Shures, but have a better base. I may be asking for too much at this price point, but figured it's worth a shot.

Source is iPhone 7, Tidal Hifi, and Fiio Q1 (sometimes, depending on whether I want to deal with two things).

I suppose an alternative could just be to just get a DAP with full Tidal/Spotify offline support and EQ that I can mess with, or other ideas people have.

Jun 14, 2017 at 5:42 AM Post #3 of 5
The new Brainwavz B200 are quite similar to the SE425, with the comply tips the bass is better but the rest is on par with the SE425.

Jun 14, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #4 of 5
I've had my Shure se425's for a while and generally like them. I'm thinking about replacing them if I can fins something around $300 or less (new or used) that can retain the detail and quality of the mids/highs from the Shures, but have a better base. I may be asking for too much at this price point, but figured it's worth a shot.

Source is iPhone 7, Tidal Hifi, and Fiio Q1 (sometimes, depending on whether I want to deal with two things).

I suppose an alternative could just be to just get a DAP with full Tidal/Spotify offline support and EQ that I can mess with, or other ideas people have.
Try the Sony MDR 7550. It's very detailed just like the Shure SE425, and also has slightly more treble and, imo, the perfect amount of bass. Although you'll be sacrificing the noise isolation that comes with the Shure SE425.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back